- Finite Element Analysis
- Topology Optimization
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutting
- CNC Milling
Honors & Awards
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
Donald Warren McCrosky Memorial Award
Belle and Carl Morse Junior Scholarship
An article was published on the Yale SEAS website about my receipt of this award.
ASME Student Mechanism and Robot Design Competition (2nd place)
I was awarded second place in the undergraduate competition for my work on the development of a novel Stewart-Gough platform-inspired dexterous robotic hand under the direction of Prof. Aaron Dollar at Yale.
Student Design Showcase (3rd place)
My team from Yale’s Medical Device Design and Innovation course (MENG 404) and myself were awarded third place in the competition for our work developing a novel surgical guide for sternotomy procedures intended to improve clinical outcomes in this high-risk surgical procedure.
- C. T. O’Neill, C. M. McCann, C. J. Hohimer, K. Bertoldi, and C. J. Walsh. “Unfolding Textile-Based Pneumatic Actuators for Wearable Applications.” Soft Robotics (SoRo) 2021. [pdf]
- Z. Xu, C. McCann, and A. M. Dollar. “Reconfigurable Modular Chain: a Reversible Material for Folding 3D Lattice Structures.” ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics (JMR), 2017. [pdf]
- C. M. McCann and A. M. Dollar. “Analysis and Dimensional Synthesis of a Robotic Hand Based on the Stewart-Gough Platform” ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE), 2018. [pdf]
- C. M. McCann and A. M. Dollar. “Design of a Stewart Platform-Inspired Dexterous Hand for 6-DOF Within-Hand Manipulation” IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2017. [pdf]
- Z. Xu, C. McCann, and A. M. Dollar. “Design of a Reconfigurable Modular Chain for Folding 3D Lattice Structures.” ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE), 2016. [pdf]
- A. West, H. Mandl, C. McCann, N. Gunawardena, A. Morris, A. Siefert, J. Zinter. “A Novel Sternotomy Saw Guide Incorporating Integrated Rigid Fixation.” Design of Medical Devices Conference, 2017.
- K. Palmer, D. Alelyunas, C. McCann, K. Yoshimitsu, T. Kato, S. Song, N. Hata. “Development and evaluation of optical needle depth sensor for percutaneous diagnosis and therapies.” SPIE Medical Imaging 2014: Image-Guided Procedures, Robotic Interventions, and Modeling, 2014. [pdf]